These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Main outs and L6 LINK
by rucademoura on 2012-09-04 19:16:09

Can I use L6 Link and main outs at the same time? If so, can control the outputs volume separate, like using L6LINK to Front of house, and mains out to side field?

Re: Main outs and L6 LINK
by line6jonb on 2012-09-18 16:19:22

Yes you can use both L6 Link and the main outputs at the same time.  However, you cannot control their volumes separately.  Turning up the master volume will turn up the volume of both the L6 Link and Main Outs.  If you would want to control your volumes separately, you could use 2 monitor outs and control the monitor send masters for separate volume control.  However, in that case, each monitor will have its own master volume level and will need to be change individually. 

by kmachman on 2013-03-12 20:24:08

Is this the case even if you make a stereo pair of monitors?

by linesixy on 2013-03-13 02:25:30

I may be wrong... as I don't own the mixer or speakers at the moment.  However, could you use the mixer to control the 'master volume... and then use the volume control on the back of the Line 6 speakers to adjust the balance between the main outs and the what's coming through the Line 6 speakers?  (I assume there's a volume control on the back of the Line 6 speakers).

by silverhead on 2013-03-13 08:21:02

Yes, there is a volume control on the back of the Line 6 speakers. But it is a global control and affects all inputs. So both the L6 LINK and the normal inputs to the speaker are controlled simultaneously.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.