These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Firmware update killed audio
by TYancy on 2012-03-17 21:21:41

I conected the unti and it performed correctly, the I was presented with a notice about the firmware update. I performed the firmware update without any problems whatsoever. Then the unit went dead. No input and no output. I've been handling firmware updates in an IT capacity for many years. Nothing was disconnected during the update and no other signs were present to indicate a problem.

Re: Firmware update killed audio
by Line6Don on 2012-03-19 10:58:41

Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the Mobile In to your iOS device after the update finished?

Does the light on the your Mobile In blink when you connect it?

Do you have access to another iOS device so you can see if another iOS device can recognize the unit?

Check your iPhone or iPad to be sure the latest version of the iOS operating system is installed update if necessary, instructions to do so can be found here. Check Settings > General > Accessibility, and then turn Mono Audio off. If the adaptor is still not being recognized by your Apple® device, it may be necessary to backup and restore your current iOS installation using Apple®’s instructions located here.

Re: Firmware update killed audio
by xaled on 2012-08-08 01:52:19

Same story here,

Iphone 4, 5.0.1, did the firmware update, everything went good.

Firmware update happened before mobile pod update

Result:

• Mobile in is not recognized by mobile pod.
  • Garage band shows the plug sign, but no sound can be heard. Monitoring shows incoming signal. Recording with GB works, but sound is crappy.

Once connected mobile in blinks short, much shorter then before update.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.