These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by DadoSimic on 2011-10-30 19:18:14

Hi,I even bought Furman power conditioner in a hope that it will solve all my problem,and it solves 98% of them...

When I recordingh via USB everything works just great...

But from unprocessed outs I getting digital buzzing sound when I playing palm mute,and when playing other phrases,riff,solos etc it is less noticeable...

I tried on different guitar inputs,on 1/2 the same problem...Tried PAD button also,nothing,different cables,guitar,nothing...

I really don`t have a clue anymore...Is there something I can do about it more?

Please help me,I badly need these u.outs for using other guitar VST`s and for recording keyboards also...

RE: PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by Line6david on 2011-10-31 16:41:02

Hi,

Is it possible for you to post a sound clip of the issue?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by DadoSimic on 2011-10-31 17:48:27

Finally someone replied,uff...I`m really frustrated,as I wait for someone to answer my prayers I tried to figure out by myself but still had no luck.

I will do some sound clips and post it tomorrow when I wake up,cause know it is too late...

I recently noticed previous post``Line input on my PODX3 Pro are noisy``

http://line6.com/support/message/153637#153637

Ithink it is the same problem like mine,I just hope that I will not come in situation to return it back...

by DadoSimic on 2011-11-01 16:24:55

For sake of test,I play first riff,and when I start palm muting at higher dynamic noise it is less noticeable,but when I play softer it buzzing on every note.I hate so much this digital buzz.

On other guitar VST`s like Poulin Legion it has no noise gate,that God damn noise is almost 3 db loud...

And of course on less gain sounds you can not hear anything.

Here it is,please download it  http://www.mediafire.com/file/02qfxu22fc6uc56/Buzzing%20noise%20test%20on%20hi%20gain.mp3

by DadoSimic on 2011-11-03 04:51:06

Someone,come one people I need some help.Sometimes months passing by and no one answering...

I need advices of experts here! Is this normal to sound like that,or how to fix this problem?

Do I need noise reduction like Rocktron Hush or something?

by silverhead on 2011-11-03 09:51:14

DadoSimic wrote:

Someone,come one people I need some help.Sometimes months passing by and no one answering...

I need advices of experts here! Is this normal to sound like that,or how to fix this problem?

Do I need noise reduction like Rocktron Hush or something?

A couple of things........

It's been three days (not months) since your initial post. Line 6 responded on Day 1; they will get back to you.

The experts, and everyone else here other than Line employees, do this on a volunteer basis. We are not at your command. If I had anything useful to tell you, I would. I don't. Presumably, nobody else who has read this yet  feels that they have anything useful to add, either. Getting impatient and feeling entitled won't do you any good.

If you want to call Line 6 directly you will find their number under the Contact Us button at the foot of this page.

Re: PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by Line6david on 2011-11-04 14:38:52

Hi,

This does sound like a ground issue in the room you are playing in. if you do not want to use a noise gate you could try plugging the unit into a device like the hum X to break the ground loop:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EBTHUMX

Orusing the Noise gate on the X3 Pro:

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a060072a53c4aae7fe287ecf/application/pdf/POD%20X3%20Advanced%20Guide%20%28Rev%20E%29%20-%20English.pdf

Page5.12

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by DadoSimic on 2011-11-07 14:34:26

Silverhead dude,It passed four months since I bought a PODX3 Pro,and this is not a first question I posted here,so I talked in generally,cause I think I only recieve two answers at four months at all my questions,so sorry for being impatient,and nobody is not at anyones command of course,not necessary to talk`bout this...

Sorry,but man,I`m falling in agony.All I wanted is just to finally start with my recordings...Sorry if I sounded rude or something.

Re: PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by DadoSimic on 2011-11-07 14:35:23

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=03&id=M-10LxE

Line6david,thankyou for your reply.I bought Furman M-10LX E, and they tell me that it will solve all my problems,and also with ground issue....On X3 Pro I`m using noise gate,but I hear this buzzing not at start,or after but when I playing so noise gate is not gonna help me with this issue.

RE: PODX3 Pro/Noise from unprocessed outs?
by Line6david on 2011-11-08 10:50:01

Hi,

I think the Furman is definitely a step in the right direction. Let us know if it works.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by DadoSimic on 2011-11-10 15:55:49

I found what is the main problem.When I connect POD X3 Pro with Furman i had switch on DI box turn to grnd(ground loop i guess ),I still got the very high noise level,and that digital buzzing.But when I changed switch to lift,I got more noise but somehow buzzing is less noticable,so I could hide it with noise gate know...

Hmm.but it still doesn`t sound good as when I recording via usb.Hmm.

And Furman makes it know sound even better and clearer.I`m satisfied how it polished the noise,but still I get different sound quallity with re amping,and different via usb..Hmm,it makes my life difficult when I mixing tracks.

by DadoSimic on 2012-08-07 04:28:11

When i bought preamp Korg TP-2 recently,I checked unproccessed outs and know buzzing noise is totaly gone.So the solution would be to buy good di-box and connect it between PODX3 Pro and music card,or buy preamp like i`ve done(which also have good di box on its self)...

Mistery finaly resolved after all these months...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.