These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Logic 9 64bit - plug ins 'disappearing' after using Pod Farm 2.51
by drtjnr on 2011-09-01 01:41:35

After I've used any Pod Farm plug in for a short time, opening and closing a few times etc., upon trying to open any plug in by double clicking in the mixer page, the plug in insert is simply removed instead of opened, until I restart Logic. Anyone else have this?

RE: Logic 9 64bit - plug ins 'disappearing' after using Pod Farm 2.51
by Line6Don on 2011-09-02 08:58:08

Hey drtjnr,

After further review of your download history, it appears as though you were previously using POD Farm 2.02. If you did not fully uninstall POD Farm 2.02 from the computer before upgrading to POD Farm 2.50 or 2.51 then it is possible that you have some conflicting AU plugin files.

Please use the instructions at the page below to completely remove all instances of POD Farm and Line 6 Software from your computer:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2304

After you have finished this process, empty your trash.

Open the disc utility program located within your utilities folder, select your primary hard drive, and repair disc permissions. Restart the computer.

Make sure that you have the most recent version of the Line 6 drivers and Monkey installed as well:

MAC Drivers : 7.0.9

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4170

Line 6 Monkey 1.41:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4115

The update to Line 6 Monkey will include an update to the License Manager as well.

Download and install POD Farm 2.51 into the default file location from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4149

Install it but do not launch it yet.

Can you please then try using the License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your computer as well as all of your Line 6 devices. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

Relaunch Logic and insert POD Farm 2.51 as a plugin.

Re: RE: Logic 9 64bit - plug ins 'disappearing' after using Pod Farm 2.51
by drtjnr on 2011-09-02 12:52:03

Hi

I did all this and it still does the same thing. After opening and closing windows with plugins in Logic 64bit mode, after a short time, instead of opening a plugin window on a double click, it removes the plugin instead.

Thanks

by Line6Don on 2011-09-06 14:51:06

Hey drtjnr,

Is this happening when you try and add the plugin to a brand new session? Or are you testing this trying to open the plugin window for plugins already inserted on previous sessions?

Have you tried running Logic in 32 bit mode? To do so, right click on the the Logic application file, Get Info for Logic. You will then have the option to launch Logic in 32-bit mode.

by drtjnr on 2011-09-07 00:52:17

Hi there

It happens both in previous sessions, and new sessions. I made a Lion test disk this weekend, and it does the same thing on that fresh install. Also happens in 32bit.

In a new session for example, if I open an elements preamp, then another 3rd party plug, and then alternately open and close them, after 6 'openings', the next double click produces no result. A further double click removes the instance of the plugin. Double clicking anywhere at this point will remove plugins, change outputs to 'no output'. The contextual menu which should show when holding down on an insert / output selector no longer shows.

by Line6Don on 2011-09-09 14:09:25

Hey drtjnr,

Did you make sure and follow all of the terminal instructions as well? I would suggest to follow these instructions one more time, and when looking in these file locations outlined below, remove all line6 files located within these locations.

o Uninstall the current drivers using the uninstaller located at:

Applications/Line6/Drivers - Drivers Uninstaller

Once you have uninstalled the drivers, repair your disc permissions, to do so:

Open the disc utility program located within your utilities folder, select your primary hard drive, and repair disc permissions. Restart the computer.

o Upon restart throw the entire Applications/Line6 folder in the trash.

o Manually search in the following locations and delete any files labeled and related to Line 6 or POD Farm found from within each of these folders:

Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components

Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/VST

Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers

Library/Frameworks (look for L6WXTG and L6WXTY.framework and delete them)

Library/Application Support/Line 6

Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

User/Library/Application Support/Line 6

User/Documents/Line 6

User/Library/Preferences (Line6 preferences, should be something like com.line6.xxxxx, etc. Delete.)

o Empty the Trash.

o Next, go into Applications/Utilities and launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:

cd // (then press the enter key)

cd /private/var/db/receipts (then press the enter key)

sudo rm -i com.line6* (then press the enter key)

Enter your Mac OSX account password when prompted to. Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter"!

Type Yes or y to every option/question to remove Line 6 software components (there will be a good number of confirmations, FYI).

o Repair disc permissions again, after it completes restart the computer.

o Upon restart download and install the most recent version of the Line 6 drivers and Monkey:

MAC Drivers : 7.0.9

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4170

Line 6 Monkey 1.41:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4115

Download and install POD Farm 2.51 into the default file location from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4149

Install it into the default file locations but do not launch it yet.

Then you will need to close all open applications then use the License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your device. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

Launch Logic, create a new session, insert the plugin on the track. Test it for sound processing, and as you did before, open another plugin and open and close them a few times. Save the sessions, close it, re open it, re test it.

Let me know your results.

by drtjnr on 2011-09-10 06:15:33

Hi

Just followed these instructions to the letter again and it's still doing exactly the same thing. I've realised that it will happen when just closing and reopening the plugin window, and in 32bit mode. It also happens with each plugin, and after varying numbers of openings.

I doesn't and never has happened with any of my other plugins.

Is this something that you can't reproduce? Any other Mac users want to spend a quick five minutes opening and closing a Pod Farm 2.51 plug in Logic to see if it's just me?!?!?

by Line6Don on 2011-09-13 11:31:49

Hey drtjnr,

I have been unable to reproduce this problem on my new MacBook Pro - 10.6.8, running Logic Pro 9.1.4 with POD Farm 2.51.

You mentioned that it happens with each plugin? Are you referring to Logic's native plugins as well as other 3rd party plugins? Or just other instances of POD Farm 2.51 within the same sessions?

At this time I would suggest you try using POD Farm 2.02 instead. You will need to follow the instructions that I just provided to you to completely remove Line 6 software, only this time instead of downloading and installing POD Farm 2.51, download and install POD Farm 2.02 from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3655

Please let me know your results.

by drtjnr on 2011-09-16 00:20:16

Hi

Reinstalled 2.02 and it's working as it should.

I upgraded again to 2.51 and it's back to doing the same thing. Using a completely blank session, I make one channel, place one Preamp elements plugin on the channel, and open and close it. After between 2 and never more than 10 times, the next double click does nothing. Then another double click and the plugin is removed.

Within the window between these two double clicks, double clicking anywhere within the mixer will act as if the first option in the contextual menu has been chosen - ie on the output will remove the output, or on any other plugin will remove any other plugin. It's like logic gets put in a state where the contextual menu breaks. Clicking and holding will not bring the menu up.

It happens with each of the Pod Farm Elements plugins, in any session, and never happens with either Logic's native plugins, or any other 3rd party plugin.

Thanks!

by Line6Don on 2011-09-19 13:59:31

Hey drtjnr,

Thank you for letting me know your results.

Does Logic or Mac OSX give you any sort of error message or crash log/report when this happens?

For the time being, I would suggest to roll back to POD Farm 2.02.

by drtjnr on 2011-09-20 00:26:49

No error messages / crash log sorry

2.02 it is.

by midwisem on 2011-11-19 19:03:35

POD Farm is doing the same thing to me.

by drtjnr on 2011-11-22 06:01:13

At least I'm not losing my marbles! Do you use Logic in 64bit?

fyi I'm still using 2.02 which solves the problem, albeit without native 64bit support.

Re: Logic 9 64bit - plug ins 'disappearing' after using Pod Farm 2.51
by SardoNumpspa on 2011-11-23 11:15:38

I have the same issue. Followed the instructions above, but it didn´t solve the problem for me either.

I will go back to Pod Farm 2.02 as well. Hope you guys will find the root to this problem.

Would really like to have the 64-bit version up an running.

Cheers,

Sardo

by lgwarren1984 on 2012-02-22 11:36:32

I'm having the same problem in Logic too... I use Pod Farm 2.51 (iLok version) and after a while if I double-click an insert it removes the plugin.

by Line6Don on 2012-02-24 08:35:33

We created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support ticket notifications will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all. You may also consider adding Line 6 to your safe senders list.

Since we’ll be working on this via the ticket, I’m marking the thread Assumed Answered.

by bloodygeoff on 2012-04-23 16:11:28

Hi, Was this ever resolved?  I only recently upgraded to 2.5 thinking all the bugs would be sorted by now but found myself getting the bug described in this post.  Rolling back now.

by drtjnr on 2012-04-24 00:56:25

This hasn't been resolved - Line6Don what happened with that support ticket? Is there an update coming?

by pushbuttonstudio on 2012-06-27 19:35:39

i am having the same problem. pod farm platinum 2.51.0 64-bit (iLok), Mac Pro, Lion 10.7.4, Logic Pro 9.1.7 64-bit.  not only are my plug-ins "disappearing" but it seems to have corrupted some of my project files as well.  PLEASE HELP or give me a service ticket!

by bloodygeoff on 2012-07-24 06:42:15

Having just got Reason 6.5 I can now run Logic in 64-bit so tried again to upgrade POD Farm - followed instructions above but same result, plugins disappear and if I save my project they are gone.

Has anyone who was experiencing the problem ever got around it?

For that matter has anyone managed to get it to work with Logic?  If so do you have Reason as well, did you upgrade from 2.02 or was it straight to 2.5 skipping 2.0 completely?

by drtjnr on 2012-07-24 07:49:48

Line 6? Is there anybody there? There seems to be quite a few people having this problem, for a long time.

by bloodygeoff on 2012-07-24 19:07:37

Here are some lines I found in the console :

24/07/12 11:14:37 PM[0x0-0x27027].com.apple.logic.pro[210]objc[210]: Class L6ComboBoxData is implemented in both /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/POD Farm Bass Amps.component/Contents/MacOS/POD Farm Bass Amps and /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/POD Farm Distortions.component/Contents/MacOS/POD Farm Distortions. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

There are heaps of lines like this.

I also can see this message

25/07/12 11:45:03 AMLogic Pro[1287]Error loading /Users/Geoff/.Trash/Record/Record.app/Contents/PlugIns/Record Engine.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Record Engine:  dlopen(/Users/Geoff/.Trash/Record/Record.app/Contents/PlugIns/Record Engine.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Record Engine, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:/Users/Geoff/.Trash/Record/Record.app/Contents/PlugIns/Record Engine.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Record Engine: mach-o, but wrong architecture

So Logic appears to be going through the trash looking for stuff?  This made me think maybe Reason/Record has something to do with it.  Record comes bundled with some Line6 stuff - could that be 32-bit stuff and messing with it?

It is in the trash now because I removed Record when I upgraded to Reason 6.5.  But it may been looking in the Record folder beforehand.

I'm starting to suspect that if I blow away everything and reinstall fresh Logic Pro and Reason and Pod Farm it might work - sounds extreme though.

Does anyone else use Record and see any console messages like those above?

You might be able to tell, I really want to fix this!!

by drtjnr on 2012-07-25 03:46:26

I don't get any of the second message that you got there geoff (can I call you geoff?!?!)

I did get loads of that first message too though - I just rolled back to 2.02 and those lines do not appear in the older version.

The console lines that get posted as the error occurs  in 2.53 and the insert is removed for me were

25/07/2012 11:06:51          Logic Pro[821]          -[LgPluginMenuTextField frameChanged:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x135d89990

25/07/2012 11:06:51          Logic Pro[821]          -[LgPluginMenuTextField frameChanged:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x135d89990

by bloodygeoff on 2012-07-25 07:58:40

Sure you can :-)

I just tried 2 things -

1. I emptied my trash which got rid of that second console error - seems it was unrelated to this topic.

2. I went through all the directories full of l6t files created by various versions of Pod Farm, Gear Box etc and consolidated them into a directory containing just the POD Farm2 ones and the ones I have created in PF2.

In the past I never removed all of these because there were custom creations throughout - the interface and way it saves it pretty messy so its hard to avoid this.  I then went into the PF2 source folders section on the left and made sure it cold only access this folder.  The other stuff is elsewhere if I ever need it.  I was actually doing this to get rid of all the duplicates, not really trying to fix this issue.

After that I had about half an hour of opening projects and accessing PF2 plugins on various gtr tracks and had none disappear and thought I had fixed it - until just when I started feeling pleased 1 did disappear and then after that all the others did as well.

Console showed similar error to the one you posted

26/07/12 12:36:38 AMLogic Pro[3303]-[LgPluginSegmentedControl frameChanged:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x120800a20

I logged in again and it did after a couple of clicks the way it usually does and showed

26/07/12 12:41:16 AMLogic Pro[3405]-[ECBrowserClipView frameChanged:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x133d8e1b0

And one more time for laughs (this time identical to yours)

26/07/12 12:55:16 AMLogic Pro[3479]-[LgPluginMenuTextField frameChanged:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x136148c70

Slightly different error message every time.

So where does that leave things?  If I google any of these errors I just get this page!!  Guess we give Line6 a couple more days to offer any help and then I will revert back to 32-bit, swear off 2.53 ever again and start checking out other 64-bit amp modellers. Shame really.

by drtjnr on 2012-07-25 08:06:29

I PM'd Line6Don this morning because this thread is marked 'Assumed Answered' which maybe takes the whole thing off their radar. But yeah waiting for any sign of interest from Line6.

by bloodygeoff on 2012-07-25 17:49:11

Don responded to a support ticket I raised and indicated it is a bug and the software teams are still working on it.  Until further notice revert to 2.02.  Shouldn't be any performance or quality hit - just Logic's audio 32-bit bridge program popping up and down.

Hopefully we get a 2.6 or something one day and it works!

Nice chatting/troubleshooting with you, take care.

by orcasound on 2012-08-31 22:09:36

I have the same issue - was driving crazy - thought it was an Apple issue .... but I should have guessed it was PodFarm... So I see that 2.55 is up !!! - Does this fix the issue?

kj

by Zappler on 2012-09-07 01:47:00

no fix in 2.55 :/

by pushbuttonstudio on 2012-10-23 16:48:10

" For the time being, I would suggest to roll back to POD Farm 2.02."

this is no longer acceptable for me. i need the 64 bit GUI and features.  ive been trying for almost a year to fix this.  it has been OVER A YEAR since you told us "for the time being". 

by woundover on 2013-01-20 16:28:07

Hi,

This problem is not limited to Pod Farm - I'm using PF 2.5.2 in Logic 9.1.1 on a Macbook Pro 4, 1, running OS Leopard 10.5.8 in 32-bit mode.

I have many 3rd party plugins, and they ALL vanish when clicked on after a period of time.

It's maddening, but I just wanted to let you know, it seems to clearly be a Logic issue, not a Pod Farm issue.

by orcasound on 2013-01-20 20:17:38

Yes .. Only when podfarm is on a channel strip.

It's not a logic issue.  This squarely falls on line6

by drtjnr on 2013-01-21 01:32:10

Yep if you roll back to 2.02 you'll find that it stops happening to all plug ins.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.