These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

I need help repairing my spider valve hd100
by white1381 on 2011-07-19 13:50:54

I took my amp in to a Line 6 repair center and they are telling me that the circuit board i need is non existant. I need the #35-00-0250 PCB. What are my options??

Re: I need help repairing my spider valve hd100
by jws1982 on 2011-07-19 14:26:05

Well, I'd say that means two things:

1. The people working on your amp aren't that competent, seeing as they tell you that instead of contacting Line 6.

2. Line 6's qualification process for authorized service centers doesn't check for competency.

The L6 guys might be able to help you on this one, but this shouldn't be the path you have to take.  Are you going to go back to the support center and tell them they need to order so-and-so part according to the L6 forums guys?  It should be them calling the L6 phone number they have, asking what replacement part works for #35-00-0250 PCB, and L6 shipping it to them.

I'd get my amp out of there and go to another service center.  If they can't do something like get a part from Line 6, I wouldn't trust them to do anything else.

Re: I need help repairing my spider valve hd100
by white1381 on 2011-07-19 14:32:16

I agree. He just told me that L6 doesnt have/make that part anymore and I would have to contact L6 to see if I can send it in and have it fixed. I have to believe there is a part to replace the one in my amp somewhere!!

Re: RE: I need help repairing my spider valve hd100
by Kneehow on 2011-07-22 08:57:04

Yes, the information is correct. We no longer manufacture the original Spider Valve HD100 mainboard (part #35-00-0250 PCB).

Your only option at this point is to have the Authorized Service Center (ASC) send in the mainboard to us; our in-house techs will do a repair on the mainboard here, ship it back to the ASC tech and they're re-assemble your amp with the fixed board and we will bill the Authorized Service Center who in turn will charge you for the work rendered.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.