The goal of Line 6's Technical Support System is for all Line 6 users to be able to get the most out of their Line 6 gear. Over the past few years, we have developed our online support system to include not only specific tools to find answers with, but also the opportunity to enjoy the collective experience and expertise of the enormous family of users keen on offering their expertise, as well as offering up tips and tricks for using your Line 6 gear.
So how does this system work? When you have a technical support question, our system gives you five options:
- Search our Knowledge Base for Line 6-authored information and video tutorials.
- Review previously answered threads using our keyword search tool.
- Ask a question within your Line 6 products' community forum. Posting your question tells our community (which is 160,000 strong) that someone is looking for help.
- Contact our support staff directly at http://line6.com/support/.
- Call Line 6 Support at 1-818-575-3600, Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m. PST. Our UK office can be reached at +44 (0) 1788 566 566.
1. Search our Knowledge Base - Chances are, the answer to your question is already within our extensive knowledge base, complete with informative articles, FAQs and video tutorials. You can access our Knowledge Base by navigating to .
After you have selected the Knowledge Base link, you can access current products (at the top) or legacy products (at the bottom).
Selecting either "choose a product" will reveal the product families in that Knowledge Base, then click on the product family you want to review:You will now be able to see all the Knowledge Base articles for this product family:
2. Find Your Answer Now - If you have a question about your Line 6 product, there's a good chance that someone has already asked it. Searching our communities for existing threads that have been answered could yield results for you immediately. We offer a cutting edge search engine to help you find the answers you need. For example, let's say you want to know how to reset your POD X3 device back to its factory settings. You can go into the search bar and simply type "POD X3 Reset" and the search will likely provide the documentation you are looking for.Here are the search results:
3. Asking a Question - If you can't find the answer to your technical support question, you can ask the Line 6 support staff and the community by creating a thread and marking it as a question. Please DO NOT post personal account or contact information within your question as other members will be able to view this.
There are a couple of things you should have in place before you ask your question. Following these simple guidelines will help us better help you.
- Register your Line 6 Gear - Ensure all of your Line 6 gear is registered under your user account. You can register your gear on your account:
<a href="http://line6.com/account/registergear/" target="_blank" >Your Gear Registration</a>See the following link for Registration FAQs
<a href="http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1488" target="_blank" >Product Registration FAQ</a>
- Fill out your Support Profile - If you have a computer-related issue, please fill out your Support Profile so we know right away what kind of computer system you have, what software is installed on your computer, what hardware device you are using, etc. This is vital to us providing you with the support you need.
<a href="http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/" target="_blank" >Your Support Profile</a>
Questions that WILL be answered by Line 6 technical support staff include issues with connectivity, hardware or component failure etc. "Line 6 Monkey is not detecting my POD X3" is an example of what will be answered by Line 6 tech support.
Questions that will NOT be answered (but can be discussed and answered by other community members) by Line 6 support include unsupported use, non-technical, and opinion based questions, such as "How do I get a good tone?", or "Is product 'X' better than product 'Y'?". It is best to not mark these threads as questions as the Line 6 moderators will mark them as "Assumed Answered."
Here are the steps for asking a question:
1) Sign into your account.
2) Enter your user name and password.
3) At , select your product in the "Ask a Question" drop down box.
4) The next page will say "Ask a question in (your product family)". Type your question header and situation into the box as shown.
5) Mark your thread as a question!!! - This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT if you want to notify the Line 6 tech support team of your question. Otherwise, you will be creating a thread that the community can reply to but is not seen by the Line 6 support team. Once you have all the relevant information listed and checked the "mark as question" box, you can post your question.
The Line 6 community will then be able to see your question and help you with your situation.